COD:WAW Base Assault Mod

maester

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone played the original Call of Duty then you would know what this mod is. They are making this mod into cod:waw looks great.

Updates & Info

- ponyri & ardennes are finished (beta)

- bas mod & gametype included into the 2 maps

- increased the max damage for all bases

- fixed a bug on the base healthbars

- added the "endless" timer from the anarchic uo bas

- fixed a bug on the base destroyed hud icons

- fixed the sound-radius for the main explosion

- disabled the stock "bomb-plant/defuse" announcer sounds

- fixed a bug with the global_intermission (for mapping)

- added additional "mantle" brushes to all bunker models

- added a full usable sherman tank for ardennes (thanks zeroy for your hard work!)

- fixed the sherman turret (verticalspan,hud icon,sound)

- added an own team & tank based "capture-tank" function

- modified the satchel behavior

- converted the winter bunker xmodels and "precache" them in the mod for the upcoming wintermaps

Next steps:

- if there no problems add the bas gametype/mod to the demonmod 4.0 (anarchic-x only)

- adjust the last settings and create a DEV server to test with more people

just a few dev screens:

shot0264c.jpg

shot0000st.jpg

shot0003fv.jpg

shot0001vvs.jpg

shot0003o.jpg

shot0005rym.jpg

maester

Administrator
Staff member
Bunker Models

- i converted high quality bunker xmodels from UO over to cod5 with normal & specular map textures

- i divided the versions of the UO bunkers into one summer & one winter version for our maps

- the summer version will be modified italy bunkers and the winter version will be foy bunker models

- we will have all 4 sub-versions of the model like in UO to use the different damage states for the bunkers

Radiant Prefabs

- the single bunker models are built into a complicated customized prefab to get all features we need like collision,damage or the bombzone

- i fixed several light problems on the bunker xmodels with some tool textures

Bunker Models Collmaps

- the 3 collmaps the models use are completely rebuilt for a much better collision on the models

- i added some better collmaps to some specific points of the model which doesnt exists in UO

- additional i added new ladder & mantle functions to the new collmaps

- i fixed a small weapon collision problem on the rubble xmodel by reconverting the model and new clip options

- i fixed a rubble collmap problem where the player was stuck in the rubble collmap

Bombzone

- the bombzone can be used like UO..every team player can plant/defuse the bomb in the usual way like sabotage or search & destroy

Damage

- the damage logic is a bit complicated to explain but you will have all well known features from UO

- the bunkers allow of course only team-based damage

- also only certain weapons are allowed to damage the bunker

Hud Icons

- you will have the same round icons like UO but we added custom icons which we want to replace with high quality icons later

- this round design will give us more options to include all additional icon features above the base icon

- the bombtimer is changed into a real clock timer which appears exactly above the base icon if a bomb is planted

- i also added back a new scripted way to flash the plant & defuse icons while the player is holding the "use" button

- i fixed a bug where the sub-icons only was showing for the client..now all players can see whats going on with the bombs on the 3 bunkers

Final Player Damage

- i fixed a bug if the bomb has been planted and the bunker exploded it doesnt kill the players inside or above the bunkers

- now the player damage is perfectly adjusted on all damage states of the bunkers

Team Flags

- i added back the feature to have flags for the teams on the bunker roof which will disappear after the bunker is breached

Bomb Ticking & Explosion Sounds

- all explosion & bomb sounds and effects are custom

- fixed a small bug where the bomb ticking sound was not global(occlusion system)

UO Spawn Logic Feature

- the scripts are coded to use our custom bas spawns & global intermission...they work in the same way like other cod5 gametypes with "_start" and the usual spawns

- the UO BAS spawn logic was a really complicated feature to include..I couldnt use the UO way

- basically i want to have it so that some specific base spawn points can be removed after the base is destroyed

- with the help from Treyarch i could debug the coded custom "array" i created

- now we have removable spawns after one of the bases is destroyed

- the gametype script of this specific base will wait until this base is destroyed..remove the spawns and update the spawnlogic

- i pre-placed this kind of spawns in my prefabs

Announcer Feature

- this was a really complicated task because the announcers are team-based and you cant just play them with "playsound" in the script because i defined 2d global sounds in the soundaliases

- i found a good way to include them team-based on the scripts and we have now the original sounds from UO

- also i "precached" the sounds so that you will have russian sounds for russian and usa sounds for american..depends on which teams you set in your levels gsc file

- every sound of the announcers have 2 versions..the soundaliases will switch randomly between these 2 versions

- the sounds for the japanese are the german sounds now..we want to mod that later if we want to build us vs jap bas maps

- a small change on the german sounds..I used my version (german UO version) because they sounds much better

- to get the "under attack" sound for the teams was really complicated..i placed them now in the same way like the base health logic

Minefields

- as you know we cant use just the stock minefields script...they would not kill players which are in a vehicle

- i added a custom script to the mod which kill players & drivers now

BAS Maps

We can proudly say that this Base Assault Gametype Mod is nearly finished and we already working on the first Anarchic-X BAS maps. Some of these Maps will be well known classics like:

ARDENNES

FOY

VITEBSK

PONYRI

KURSK

BASTOGNE

WESEL

maester

Administrator
Staff member
Updates & Fixes

•material update on all bunker xmodel textures...new normal & specular textures

•added new sherman skin for ardennes & farm(thx to Cornrow)

•fixed a bug with the team settings in the capture-tank function

•added a function for flashing base icons if the player attack the bunkers

•fixed a bug where the plant/defuse icon caused a script error if the planting/defusing was interrupted by the player with other buttons

•again an update on the vehicle collision at the bunker xmodels

•added new 2d base icons which will be team- & map-based now(thx to kraut for his 2d work)

•added several new demonmod settings & features from our current ctf server mod

•prepared the public server for redirect & more slots(thx to logik & gitman)

Game Server IP to test mod

208.167.243.30:28960