BF3 Server Host

S

skooterking5

I've noticed that our server has been crashing a lot lately and am curious why. Yesterday when it crashed it wiped out the server and it really didnt get going again (it was just about full at the time of the crash). Maybe stiffy can submit a ticket to our game server host and find out why the crashes have been happening, and if nobody has an answer I say we move to a new host since the end of the month is upon us. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
S

skooterking5

See the thing is that we've never had an issue with any kind of attacks before with nfoservers.com until these recent months. A new host all together would be a good solution, but at the risk of losing all our favoritors, it's a bigger risk. I say maybe just sit tight where we're at for another month and if we still continue to experience problems maybe do a host change at a later date. Just my opinion tho, feel free to join in others.

maester

Administrator
Staff member
Server bill is due in a few days so I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on this topic? To break it down we have a few options

Current Location (Chicago) $57.19

New Location (Dallas, Seattle, Denver, New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta) $57.19

New Host Gameservers (Same locations) $62.15

Dedicated VPS (Ran by us) (64 + 48 man BF3 Server + BF4 Server Support) $69.99 for VPS $27.99 for BF3 112 Slots Total $97.98

Totally up to you guys please feel free to let me know. As of right now we have enough to do any of these options this month.

The reason for this post is the server crashes. If you feel the server is fine the way it is please let me know and we will leave it.

S

skooterking5

Would changing our current location do anything with players that have favorited us? Because we used to run servers based in Dallas, TX and we never had issues of any kind. If we can move it to Dallas without screwing up our favorited users then I say we go for that.

maester

Administrator
Staff member
skooterking5 said:
Would changing our current location do anything with players that have favorited us? Because we used to run servers based in Dallas, TX and we never had issues of any kind. If we can move it to Dallas without screwing up our favorited users then I say we go for that.
No it will mess it up however I think we have enough members to get it going again.

S

skooterking5

Maester said:
No it will mess it up however I think we have enough members to get it going again.
I think we should try it. Correct me if I'm wrong...but we NEVER EVER had issues with Dallas servers.

spooketh

Clan Members
well it would be nice to get those servers where we could do the screenshots every few seconds instead of having to do them ourselves

S

skooterking5

I do agree with spook. PBSS for our server takes entirely too long. Its not exactly helpful for finding cheaters on-the-fly since it takes the better part of 12 hours for them to upload.

maester

Administrator
Staff member

spooketh said:
well it would be nice to get those servers where we could do the screenshots every few seconds instead of having to do them ourselves
skooterking5 said:
I do agree with spook. PBSS for our server takes entirely too long. Its not exactly helpful for finding cheaters on-the-fly since it takes the better part of 12 hours for them to upload.
The new server would be $62.15 through gameservers and the PBSS would be like they were on gametracker $5 more then what we are paying now. Or we can get multiple servers for $97 48 slot + 64 slot maintained by us. We need more input before making any changes.

@Hunter_Of_Pron @Scout @spooketh @Punisher @skooterking5 @serpentone @XxOutlawxX @GeneralLee @Golden_Twinky @Phantom @T33bone @ZednGrace 1@Kingpin[/USER]

S

skooterking5

For now I say just go with the new server and PBSS streaming to gametracker. Right now we don't have enough donations to run multiple servers.

Scout

Gameservers is a good company. I am just wondering what they are dealing with the same issues as the current hosting company. What are they doing to prevent that. And that is something I can check on my own as well. Since I have a weekly dealing with Gameservers still. They have a good redundacy. But Just wanting to weigh the options of changing servers and losing favorites and trying to build the server now. ALso have to look for server specs. Since they like to load servers like no other.

maester

Administrator
Staff member
Scout said:
Gameservers is a good company. I am just wondering what they are dealing with the same issues as the current hosting company. What are they doing to prevent that. And that is something I can check on my own as well. Since I have a weekly dealing with Gameservers still. They have a good redundacy. But Just wanting to weigh the options of changing servers and losing favorites and trying to build the server now. ALso have to look for server specs. Since they like to load servers like no other.
Def agree there. Like I said we have enough money to do any of the above options. And enough donations so far to cover any of them. We just need to all be on one page. Nfoservers is a good company however they have been attacked at least 6-7 times last month which has cause our server to crash.

ZednGrace

Clan Members
I'm in favor of moving our server back to Dallas -- I really liked it with a ping of 15 - 16. Can we afford the $97 fee? Some months it looks like paying $60 is a problem.

maester

Administrator
Staff member

ZednGrace said:
I'm in favor of moving our server back to Dallas -- I really liked it with a ping of 15 - 16. Can we afford the $97 fee? Some months it looks like paying $60 is a problem.
1@ZednGrace[/USER] that's what we are discussing. If everyone donates we should. We are also gaining new members around 4 this past week. So we just need input from everyone.

maester

Administrator
Staff member
Ok a few days left before current server bill is due. Are we switching or staying? If so I will order server today and put in old server header that server has moved. To try to keep our regular server members in the loop.

S

skooterking5

Maester said:
Ok a few days left before current server bill is due. Are we switching or staying? If so I will order server today and put in old server header that server has moved. To try to keep our regular server members in the loop.
I say we go ahead with the switch. I know my input is late but hopefully it isn't too late. If so we could try waiting another month if nobody minds. I really want to minimize the loss of favorites for all of our loyal players.

maester

Administrator
Staff member
The attacks and drops are a NFOServers only issue.

Not just us http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=6569

Sun, Apr 7 2013 1:03pm - answered by Vanderburg This looks like a traditional Blaze dump, not an attack. This would also not be an issue on your end, either.
Never heard of that here and my servers dont have any lag or get ddos attacks...I am sure if anyone would have got ddos attacks at gameservers.com he would have posted it in the forum but i do not see any such posts here, so i am pretty sure you will not have such problems here.
I know that this server is from gameservers.com and as you can see it doesnt have such days on which there are no players online (one reason more that you will not have such ddos problems here)

Server I am talking about: -|FG|- | 1000 Tickets | 10SEC VEHICLE RESPAWN [bf3] Battlefield 3

I would try renting a server at gameservers.com and if you see that you get ddos attacks you have a 5-day refund guarantee.

If you still have some questions just ask them here and I would be glad to answer them.